mamadou diop wrote:
Because of the sources.list file which only points to a Debian release at a given time, it seems to me that it is impossible to install simultaneously Debian clients with differents releases. Is my opinion true?
We actually have this in our current testing environment.
What you typically want is to have two files in your fai/config/ tree, a sources.list file and a hook script (at least this is how we solve it). The sources.list file should be named after a class, where you for example define what distribution to run, and be put in fai/config/files/etc/apt/sources.list/, i.e fai/config/files/etc/apt/sources.list/LENNY_AMD64. As for the hook script ours is called fai/config/hooks/updatebase.DEFAULT and is a small shell script to say the least:

#! /bin/bash

fcopy -Bi /etc/apt/sources.list

What it does is that it takes the file based on your defined class, for example fai/config/files/etc/apt/sources.list/SQUEEZE_X86, and copy it to /etc/apt/sources.list on your target system. Thus you can have multiple sources.list files aimed at different releases (and distributions or architectures if needed).

I hope this answers your question.

Regards
--
Fredrik