Thomas Neumann wrote:
setup-storage will create a new partition and mark it and the location of this
'boot'-partition is at the beginning of the disk, but the partition index is
the next after the last defined partition, e.g.:

disk_config disk1 disklabel:gpt-bios
primary     /           200M      ext3  rw,errors=panic
primary     -           400M      swap  -

will result in

1) sda3 - biosboot
2) sda1 - /
3) sda2 - swap

Yes this is mostly a cosmetical issue. I can understand why it has been done
this way. Still don't like 'out of order' partitioning. There's a workaround
to achieve 'ordered' partitions.

disk_config disk1 disklabel:gpt
primary     -           1M        -     -
primary     /           200M      ext3  rw,errors=panic
primary     -           400M      swap  -

However you _must_ set the required flag manually after the partitioning has
been done and before grub is being installed.

Well this is not at all a "cosmetical issue" as far my problems are concerned. So I have to ask which programm ist doing the paetitioning. And why it is not possible to manage it with a personal decission, wether to do automatic paritioning or do it manually.

I´d like do have all clients trying netboot and if there's no server using their normal installation. And if there is a fai-server, making
it possible to do fai boot but no pationing or do it on the other side.
So, partitioning is not at all just a "cosmetical issue".

Sorry for dissenting :-)
Arpad

Antwort per Email an