    > => Did anyone stumble over other maybe important jessie-related issues?
Currently FAI has one major problem when doing a reinstallation.
If setup-storage likes to resize a partition, this fails, since parted
3 does not support the resize command any more.
Then your partitions may get lost.

This does not happens if you do a fresh installation.

Besides founding this error, it only took me about two hours for my
first jessie installation of my desktop (I only have a fvwm). Half a
dozen package names had to be changed, instead of a new line in
/etc/default/tmpfs if now add a line to fstab. Activating linuxlogo
now means editing a systemd file instead of inittab.
The rest were changes in my config space not related to the jessie
upgrade but more to a cleanup I did.

My problem is now that the vm package (for emacs) is not working any
more, I had minor dbus warning with emacs and that the kill ring in
emacs does not work as before.

So, for me this was very easy in respect to FAI.
--
regards Thomas

Antwort per Email an