My recent work building nfsroot with good keys, has led me to find a new not understood behaviour -- fai-setup crosses into multiple architectures?

Background: I have three nfsroots that are important to me: nfsroot, nfsroot-i386, nfsroot-amd64. Faiserver is on an AMD-64 bladeserver host therefore today nfsroot & nfsroot-amd64 are probably extremely similar. My intention is to use the -i386 and -amd64 to support the hosts on my LAN, and experiment with the default nfsroot. Actually I have a fourth, nfsroot-tango, that was built on another host and copied on to faiserver only for the purposes of comparison. Please ignore the -tango but remember -- because it is a comparative base, I'd like for it to not be modified by any work in the future.

So to test keys and re-build my three nfsroots, I created a real simple script to drive the process using fai-setup. The script creates fresh copies of the three install kernels and renames /var/log/fai/fai-setup.log to keep the logs for comparison. Now when I "diff setup.log setup-amd64.log" I find the following excerpt:

1321,1323c1327
< Re-exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...exportfs: Failed to stat /srv/fai/nfsroot-amd64: No such file or directory
< exportfs: Failed to stat /srv/fai/nfsroot-i386: No such file or directory
< .
---
> Re-exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon....

When I look for the results of Re-exporting I find that .../nfsroot/boot/vmlinux... is duplicated from .../nfsroot-amd64/boot/vmlinux... (and the other files making up the install kernel). I grepped /usr/lib/fai/ and /usr/sbin/ to find the source of the Re-exporting output line without finding it.

Now I'm curious to know the thinking behind Re-exporting to nfsroots other than the one being built at the moment. It puts my -tango version at risk as a minimum (certainly not earth shattering). But as I experiment with nfsroot, I really do not want to disturb any of the -i386, -amd64, or others, that are used for real work. And if my eyes are not lying to me, is there a way to shut off the duplication?

One more thing: When I use the -f parm on fai-setup (documented for fai-make-nfsroot) the process faults out with "Directory not empty." therefore my script includes a "rm -rf .../nfsroot..." that works just fine. Have I violated fai-setup?

Cheers
Skip