Hi Steven,

you could technically chroot into your nfsroot for Ubuntu and install live-boot/remove dracut manually.

Best regards

Am 04.12.2015 um 09:48 schrieb steven.w...@t-online.de:

Hi fai-guys,

I just updated our FAI-Server from 4.x to 5.0 ( thanks a lot and a lot of respect for the done job!). I updated our Debian 8 NFS-Root and everything works fine.

We also have an installation for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS depending on this tutorial (http://wiki.fai-project.org/wiki/Installing_Ubuntu_Linux_with_FAI) <http://wiki.fai-project.org/wiki/Installing_Ubuntu_Linux_with_FAI%29>. Inside the tutorial the problems using dracut are apointed and how to use live-boot instead of dracut.

After the update to Fai-Server 5.0 the flag -l (live-boot) has been removed inside fai-make-nfsroot (we called fai-make-nfsroot -l -v -f -C /etc/fai/ubuntu1404server/).

Does anyone has any tips handling this?

Thanks and regards,

Steven

Profitieren Sie von der sicheren E-Mail-Übertragung Ihrer Daten mit einer kostenlosen E-Mail-Adresse der Telekom.
www.t-online.de/email-kostenlos