I have a server I want to do an fai install on. It has 2 on-board nics but a 3rd interface is getting configured with a 169.254 (self-assigned) IP address. As a result, fai can't do host lookups and therefore cannot do an install. I need to either keep fai from trying to use the nic with the 169.254 address or keep it from loading the driver for that nic in the first place. Can I blacklist a module in fai?

I don't really know where the extra nic is coming from. I think the server has a OOB (IDRAC) card. But I'm blind and I can't get into the BIOS myself. I have a co-worker looking into that with no success so far.