Disclaimer: I never used a crypt setup myself, so I'm not an expert
in this setup.

    > my disk_config:
    > disk_config disk1 disklabel:gpt-bios bootable:1

    > primary    -      200      -         -
    > primary    -      8192     -         -
    > primary    -      0-       -         -

    > disk_config cryptsetup
    > swap  swap /dev/sda2  swap   sw  lukscreateopts="-c aes-xts-plain64 -h
sha512"
    > luks  /    /dev/sda3  ext4   rw  lukscreateopts="-c aes-xts-plain64 -h
sha512"

    > Executing: cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda3 crypt_dev_sda3 --key-file \
    > /tmp/fai/crypt_dev_sda3
    > Executing: mkfs.ext4  /dev/mapper/crypt_dev_sda3
    > Boot partition cannot be encrypted

    > 1. Why "Boot partition cannot be encrypted", /dev/sda1 is Boot partition?

/dev/sda1 is not the boot partition, because you did not specified a
/boot partition. You forgot to specify a mount point for /dev/sda1. So
/ (= /dev/sda3) will be the boot partition (which hold vmlinuz and
initrd.

--
regards Thomas

Antwort per Email an