> I think it's a misfit between Linus' kernel and the
> quota tools from http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxquota/

Linus quota code is way out of date and only handles 16bit uid

> Linus' tree and Alan's are showing a 2000 line diff in
> dquot.c alone.  `quotaon' seems to be passing arguments into
> sys_quotactl() which it doesn't understand, etc.

Yep.

> So.  I'd prefer to not do further ext3 quota testing until
> Linus gets an update.  Alan, is it possible to push this
> along a bit?

Quota is relatively low priority. I can only feed stuff to Linus at a certain
rate and 'oh whoops it crashed my machine' stuff is much higher priority.

There are also other problems with both sets of quota code (lock inversions
and the like) that need fixing first.

Alan