Hi,

I am trying to understand journaling code in ext3.
Can some one enlighten me, why we need journal start
and stop in ext3_writeback_writepage() ? The block
allocation is already made in prepare_write().

Whats the purpose of journal start/stop around
block_write_full_page() ? Its not flushing metadata anyway ?
Whats getting written to journal ?

Thanks,
Badari

static int ext3_writeback_writepage(struct page *page,
                                struct writeback_control *wbc)
{
        handle = ext3_journal_start(inode,
                        ext3_writepage_trans_blocks(inode));
        ret = block_write_full_page(page, ext3_get_block, wbc);
        err = ext3_journal_stop(handle);

}