I think adding support to JBD to deal with "bio"s  would be
a valuable generic extention. Anyway its dealing with "bh"s
now.

Thanks,
Badari

Suparna Bhattacharya wrote:

What would be really nice is if we could do this in a way that
enables reuse of generic paths even for ordered mode. One thought
that comes to mind is journal commit waiting for writeback to complete on the data pages which need to be flushed to disk before meta-data can be committed, much like we do for O_SYNC.

I realise that JBD is intended to work at a level of abstraction
where it has no awareness of filesystems - hence the correspondence
with buffer heads all through. So would the above be a complete
no-no ?

Regards
Suparna