to den 31.03.2005 Klokka 12:22 (-0500) skreiv Trond Myklebust:

> That would be equally confusing. The lock exists to serialize _BOTH_
> tasks and work queue items.
>
> For instance the NFSv4 OPEN takes the token synchronously, and it needs
> to be serialized w.r.t. the asynchronous CLOSE or OPEN_DOWNGRADE.

My point is that as far as ordinary tasks are concerned, the lock can
acts exactly like a semaphore/mutex would do.

As far as asynchronous tasks are concerned, the lock will serialize the
execution of the work_struct w.r.t. the ordinary tasks and other
work_structs without risk of deadlocking.

Cheers,
  Trond
--
Trond Myklebust <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>