Our 2.6 kernel support appears to be stabilized and we'd like to
pursue its integration into the official kernel tree.  Release RC1
contains a number of fixes and cleanups from the previous
announcement:
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-fsdevel&m=110969229112118&w=2).
We are now reasonably happy with the code, but acknowledge that there
are plenty areas to enhance and cleanup.

 I would again like to solicit the participation of the Linux File Systems
 Developer community in helping us prepare our code-base for
 presentation to the larger Linux community.  We would appreciate any
 review, comments, critiques, and additions from this community and are
 actively seeking people to join our project and help us produce
 something that would be acceptable and useful to the Linux community.
 We didn't get many responses from our last request, I'm hoping now that
 things are a bit further along, more folks will be at least willing
to take a look
  at (and take some pot-shots at) v9fs.  The plan is to attempt to
address all major
  critiques and release RC2 to a wider audience (the LKML at large) in
the next few weeks.

 The source code is available in a few different forms:

  tarballs: http://v9fs.sf.net
  CVSweb: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/v9fs/linux-9p/
  CVS: :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/v9fs/linux-9p
  BitKeeper: bk://linux-v9fs.bkbits.net

 The user-level server is available from either the Plan 9 distribution
  or from http://v9fs.sf.net
 Other support applications are still being developed, but preliminary
  versions can be downloaded from sourceforge.

 Documentation on the protocol has historically been the Plan 9 Man
  pages (http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/man/5/INDEX.html), but there is
 an effort under way to write a more complete Internet-Draft style
  specification (http://v9fs.sf.net/rfc).

  There are a couple of mailing lists supporting v9fs, but the most used
  is [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- please direct/cc your
  comments there so the other v9fs contributors can participate in the
  conversation.  There is also an IRC channel: irc://freenode.net/#v9fs

 Thanks for your time in reading this message, I look forward to
 hearing from all of you -- we are well aware that there is much work
 to do, but I hope that with your help we can produce something that
 everyone finds useful and valuable.

        -Eric Van Hensbergen
          V9FS Project