 >> 2) Andrew proposed the excelent solution

 BP> Well, I wasn't sure how heavy thats going to be. He was recommending
 BP> that we flush all dirty pages from all inodes for each transaction
 BP> commit. Isn't it ?

this is exactly what ext3 does being mounted with data=ordered
each page write(2) touches goes onto jbd list and commit thread
flushes them all. the only reason we can't use existing sync()
infrastructure is that we aren't permitted to touch metadata (in
our case, to allocate blocks) during commit. so, here one more
flag comes to wbc to signal sync to skip not-allocated-yet pages.
I like this a lot!

thanks, Alex