Hi Lucho,

Andreas is right on mark. The problem here is that when one user kicks off an ls -l or ls -R on a cluster file system *while other users are trying to get work done*, all those stat RPCs and lock reclamations can kill performance.

We're not interested in a "ls -lR" top 500, we're interested in making systems more usable, more tolerant to everyday user behaviors.

Regards,

Rob