Ragnar Kjørstad wrote:
I guess the code needs to be checked, but I would think that:
* ls
* find
* rm -r
* chown -R
* chmod -R
* rsync
* various backup software
* imap servers

Then somebody do the analysis. And please an analysis which takes into account that some programs might need to be adapted to take advantage of d_type or non-optional data from the proposed statlite.

Plus, how often are these commands really used on such filesystems? I'd hope that chown -R or so is a once in a lifetime thing on such filesystems and not worth optimizing for.

I'd suggest until such data is provided the readdirplus plans are put on hold. statlite I have no problems with if the semantics is changed as I explained.