On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 11:46:05AM +0200, Nick Piggin wrote:
> However, note that as per discussion, we may opt to take perform_write out
> of this patchset, and instead work towards making generic_file_aio_write
> easier to implement. I'm open to discussion, though.

I'd be fine with that - if the file systems can get at all the checks and
iov_iter stuff it lets them fine tune their write logic. Ocfs2 for instance
has very different locking for o_direct / buffered and so goes to some bit
of pain to avoid the fallback code in __generic_file_aio_write_nolock().
It'd be much simpler to just call some helpers for buffered writes and
change the code to never do that.
        --Mark

--
Mark Fasheh