> yep we knew about this problem ... it's not quite an easy hack though.
> Putting the directory block cache (and symlink block cache) into the page
> cache would be the preferred method - this would also clean up the code
> alot i think.

If you knew about it, why didn't you fix it?? (or implement temporary
workaround: bforget(get_hash_table(...)) through all blocks if inode is
symlink or directory). It is serious! - it can cause data corruption. Such
bugs should be fixed immediatelly. Now, anybody using 2.3 has to worry
about his data. I'm switching back to good old 2.3.4.

Mikulas Patocka