Hi,

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:19:13 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Miklos Szeredi) said:

> Hi,
> Sorry, I forgot to say, that it was with 0.0.2b. Also I reproduced
> this twice, so the second time, it _was_ a clean fs before converting
> to ext3.

Are you sure you applied _both_ 0.0.2a and 0.0.2b, not just 0.0.2b?
This sounds exactly like a problem in truncate on 0.0.2a.  I
absolutely cannot reproduce any recovery failures with both applied.
Alternatively, are you running on software raid?  There's a possible
raid problem which affects ext3 which I'm chasing right now.

--Stephen