Hey Gang,

I am currently benchmarking many of the filesystems on Linux that are being
developed by people on fsdevel. I know many of these filesystems are beta,
but I am seeing results that are inconsistant to other people's claims.
Anyway all I'm asking is if the following results seem "in the ballpark" and
am NOT wondering which is the fastest and why.

Test: ZiffDavis Netbench 5.01 running on 32 Win95 clients (CIFS across Samba
2.05a)

Configuration:
- Linux 2.2.13
- Pentium III 450 Mhz
- Intel EtherExpress Pro 100 NIC
- Mylex PCI Hardware RAID contoller
- 256MB RAM
- 8 HDs, RAID5 configuration
- Latest versions of filesystems (as of Nov 3, 1999)

Results: (units are in Mbits/s)

Clients  Ext2   Ext3  Reiser
  24    99.36  57.43  88.12
  28    103.98 55.67  86.03
  32    105.54 54.34  83.10
  36    104.43 53.01  72.98

Thanks for any replies, and sorry for the somewhat off-topic post.
--Matt Zinkevicius