"Stephen C. Tweedie" wrote:

> Try opening the file with open(O_SYNC), and write the data in 128k chunks
> or so.  Alternatively call fsync() every so often to force the data to
> disk (though fsync is not particularly efficient on large files with
> 2.2).

If you are interested in a more efficient fsync (and a real fdatasync),
I have some patches that provide better performance for very large
files (where fsync is mostly busy scanning the page cache for changes),
and a fdatasync that eliminates writing the inode if not necessary.
(at the moment these patches are only for 2.3.4?, and I don't have
the time to keep them up to date - especially as nobody was interested
the last time I posted them)

Martin