Date:        Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:16:01 -0600
   From: Cassandra Sewell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   Has anyone seen this problem. I have a machine which is using
   partitions that are EXT3 w/ Linux V 2.2.5-15.  I was performing a
   mount/unmount of an EXT3 fs. Every thing was working fine When I got
   an system hang on the issue of an unmount for the ext3 fs. The system
   was rebooted and then I began to get the messages saying that the fs
   ext3 was not supported, and to run e2fsck. At boot time the system
   would go through the boot process and then go to kdb. I rebooted w
   2.2.12ext3 and attempted the e2fsck now I am unable to get the system
   up and functioning because it does mount any of the ext3 fs, and
   seems to think they are ext2.

Did you try running e2fsck?  Now that you've mounted and unmounted the
filesystem using a kernel which supports ext3, the journal would have
run, and e2fsck should be able to clear up the filesystem
inconsistencies.

(Note that a journaled filesystem doesn't remove the need for fsck; file
inconsistencies can still be caused by kernel bugs or various hardware
bugs introducing corrupted blocks into the filesystem.)

                                                - Ted