Miklos Szeredi wrote:
> Problems:
>
>  - The filesystem will be littered with these loopback mounts. This
>    should be cleared upon unmount, and possibly when the dcache is
>    shrunk. There was a similar requirement for new autofs IIRC.
>
>  - Creation/removal of virtual files are not handled by this code.

Podfuk already has this problem, but I thought I'd mention it since a
fix seems rather desirable:

 - The contents of the real file (if there is one) and its virtual
   derivative aren't synchronised.  E.g. if you look inside a tar file
   or the decompressed version of a .gz file, then changing either the
   virtual or real files should affect the other.

And this is a pure feature request:

 - This is only a few small steps to making cd-into-archive work. :-)

   Many of the remaining checks for S_ISDIR in the generic VFS code
   should go -- they're not consistent with other parts of the VFS
   which checks f_ops anyway.

enjoy,
-- Jamie