On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Daniel Phillips wrote:

> Stephen asked me some sharp questions about how this would work,
> and after I answered them to his satisfaction he asked me if I
> would have time to implement this feature.  I said yes, and went
> on to write an initial design document describing the required
> modifications to Ext's handling of inodes, and a prototype
> algorithm for doing the tail merging.

Here is one more for you:
        Suppose we grow the last fragment/tail/whatever. Do you copy the
data out of that shared block? If so, how do you update buffer_heads in
pages that cover the relocated data? (Same goes for reiserfs, if they are
doing something similar). BTW, our implementation of UFS is fucked up in
that respect, so variant from there will not work.