On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 09:52:57AM -0700, Gary Funck wrote:
> Sounds good. Has anyone run performance tests (eg, Bonnie) on the 2.4 file I/O
> performance (ie, using ext2fs) vs. 2.2?  What were the results?

I did that on my SMP box with some fast IBM SCSI disks lately ...

Singlethreaded I/O (bonnie):
Write performance unchanged, read performance 10--20% lower with 2.4.

Multithreaded I/O (tiobench):
Write performance much better for multiple processes, read performance
10% slower with 2.4.

Regards,
--
Kurt Garloff  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                          Eindhoven, NL
GPG key: See mail header, key servers         Linux kernel development

PGP signature