On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Matthew Soffen wrote:

> Morning all.

Afternoon (UK time!) Matt.

> This does appear to run cleanly on FreeBSD.

Excellent.

Which "this"?  The "three separate commands each into fifo" version or the
"parenthesised command list into single fifo" version?

Matt: Could you take on the management of this, including negotiating
pre-2.0.7 vs. post-2.0.7 issues?  (Better you than me, as you have a live
testbed where you can check all this, and I don't.)

> As for what triggered me looking into this, the BasicSanityCheck .  It
> is now passing up to the where it runs STONITHDBasicSanityCheck.  Now to
> figure out what is causing it to fail there.

That's *BSD.  On Solaris I, too, find STONITHDBasicSanityCheck to be
problematical.  It's only in recent weeks that it's even attempted to run
S...BSC at all.  I've never had BSC complete successfully.

So I eagerly await your *BSD figuring out!  It's defeated me so far.
Hopefully this will shed some light on (perhaps even fix?) the Solaris
issues.

Matt: sort of aside: Whilst you are in "heartbeat/shellfuncs.in" area
could you look over the function "BSD_Status()" please?

1. It seems strange that it exists at all.  Why no "Linux_Status()"
and/or "Solaris_Status()" etc.?  (Of course, such OS-specific coding
itself feels poor; feature-based coding is preferable if reasonably
possible.  But don't sidetrack too much there at present.)

2. Does it ever get used?  Can it be removed?  (A recursive grep on my
checkout of the source tree fails to find any callers for me.)

Assuming that it is necessary (but is it?) then:

1. The "local ..." declarations are not true-Bourne.

2. There are some absolute pathnames in there.

3. The path "$HA_VARLOCK/var/lock/subsys/${base}.pid" looks plain wrong.

4. etc.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:                                           Durham University     :
:                                           Durham DH1 3LE        :