Monty Taylor wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to do some hacking on a plugin, and I have two questions
> before I begin...
>
> Where is the best documentation about writing a new HBcomm plugin?
>
> and more specifically
>
> how would I add a config parameter? Is it simply a matter of having
> the plugin calling hb_media_imports->ParamValue() and passing the name
> of the parameter? I couldn't find anything that looked like a function
> to register a config parameter.

There are two ways you can make it hook into the configuration system:

        1) you can do almost no parsing and have it receive a single
                token as your configuration - this is how bcast and
                ping work.
                        bcast eth0
                        bcast eth1 eth2 eth3
                                (this results in three bcast objects)

        2) You can receive everything on the configuration line and its
                up to you to parse it yourself.
                This is how mcast and ping_group work.

--
    Alan Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>