I think I ran into this exact issue. I was calling crm_master -v 100 to
upgrade to master status too frequently. The postgres database needs to
stay in master state once its there, and not transition frequently. Are
there any other command line tools that could be used to retrieve what
state CRM thinks the resource is in?

Doug