Peter Kruse wrote:
Hi Dave,

Dave Blaschke wrote:
I cannot find the "Config info syntax:" message in the latest or any of the most recent 2.0.x code - what version of heartbeat are you using?

Oops, yes that was an old version, but that doesn't make a difference
concerning the oids.
Absolutely.

Regardless, you should get a more meaningful message by parsing the logs - or try adding the -d option. Any config file error results in "Invalid config info..." including being unable to establish an SNMP session...

That was my point.
And my point is that the user can get more detailed info by looking through the logs, where they'd see somthing like "apcmastersnmp_set_config: cannot create snmp session" as in your case. Otherwise, a serious rewrite of stonith, stonith daemon and stonith plugins would be needed so that specific error codes are handled correctly - currently, all non-zero returns produce the same message. Not that this is impossible, of course :-) If you'd like to open a bug against the Fencing component I can certainly bring it up with Alan...

Also, is there some way to determine what firmware is on the APC and then pass the appropriate OID_ constant? This plugin must work for some folks (at least the original author anyway ;-) so these changes would probably break folks who are happy with their v1 APC, or is that not an issue?

Thanks...

    Peter