On 2007-06-26T06:38:13, Alan Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > could you please let us know your plans for putting out a release or
> > delegate that responsibility? It is hurting the project, badly.
> You know, it was just last week that it finally got working reasonably
> right.

Which parts of it? Anything in particular?

I keep trying to figure it out using bugzilla, but ... Oh well, I guess
I should put my foot where my mouth is and clean up bugzilla so it is an
adequate reflection of the project state. Sorry, I'll stop whining about
that bit.

> So, I don't see how following what you asked and releasing it before it
> was working is some kind of advantage.

What we currently have is orders of magnitude better than 2.0.8. We use
it for SP1, as well.

> I think your suggestion of releasing it prematurely isn't such a
> wonderful idea.

I'd think it would just be a wonderful idea if we had a (tentative)
release schedule and a release process, and if both of them were public.

We have several people full or part time on Linux HA. We could handle
releases in your absence, or various other tasks. It could be hoped that
this would _reduce_ your over-all workload.

> I would like to be able to test it on Power architecture machines,
> which I can do next week.  There are a few minor bug fixes I couldn't
> put in last week because I was at USENIX presenting a tutorial.  I'll
> try and get them in this week.

Great. Thanks for the update.

Regards,
    Lars