Hi Serge,

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 08:52:53PM -0700, Serge Dubrouski wrote:
> This is a patch that I believe make pgsql RA compatible with those rules.
>
> On Dec 10, 2007 3:51 PM, Serge Dubrouski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ok, I think I got where the problem is. Before calling "monitor" or
> > "stop" it should check if the resource is stopped and if it is it
> > should return 0, not 1 as it does now when called not by root. Right?

Not exactly. In case a prerequisite is missing (such as, say, the
pgctl program), the monitor and stop operations should not report
error but that the resource is stopped. The reason for all this
is that the RA should succeed on stop and return stopped (rc 7)
in case the software is not installed. That's common in case the
software is installed on a shared storage, but not on a clustered
filesystem. Or in case some nodes are never meant to run some
resource. See for example the apache or db2 or oracle resource
agents.

Thanks,

Dejan