On 2008-02-18T15:57:15, Dejan Muhamedagic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > But there is a problem. In the environment not installed mgmtd, the
> > heartbeat failes at the first.
>
> What fails? Compilation? Heartbeat should be aware of the mgmtd
> only insofar as to manage the process (the respawn directive).
> Since having mgmtd around when it's not used is not such a
> biggie, perhaps we should just drop the '#ifdef MGMT_ENABLED'
> from heartbeat/config.c.

This would then no longer automatically start mgmtd when installed, and
thus is not desirable.

> > So, do you have a good idea for
> > resolving it?
> Not now. Those changes were done by Andrew and I'm not familiar
> with that work.

Why reply when you don't have a good idea? ;-)

> I guess that he should have removed references to
> mgmtd completely from the Heartbeat since it has been moved in
> with the gui.

The respawn directives are still controlled by config.c; we'd need to
make that somehow pluggable as I suggested in my other post.

> BTW, the gui does use mgmt, but perhaps there are going to be more
> clients. Perhaps the package should be named mgmt.

I think the GUI specfile needs to be overhauled completely anyway and
might be in search for a new name ;-) It used to be called heartbeat-gui
though.

Regards,
    Lars