Lars,

2010/10/27 Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenb...@linbit.com>:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 08:21:26PM +0900, Keisuke MORI wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The recent heartbeat on the tip would cause an assertion fail in
>> pacemaker-1.0 and generate a core:
(snip)
> I don't care for the "get_more_random()" stuff and
> keeping 100 "random" values prepared for get_next_random,
> that is probably just academic sugar, anyways.
>
> If it does not work, we throw it all out, or fix it.

Ok, then let's just drop the changeset.

I agree that srand should not be called many times,
but I would rather prefer to just keep the existing behavior
since there have been no problems with that so far.

> I object to calling srand many times.
> Actually we should only call it once,
> we still call it in too many places.
>
> I found the get_next_random() function to apparently properly wrap
> around a "static int inityet" and do the srand only once,
> so I just used it.
>
> Would it help to call g_main_loop_new() earlier?
> Can we more cleanly catch the "no GMainLoop there yet" in
> get_more_random()?
>
> Should we just drop get_next_random() from cl_rand_from_interval?
> Or drop it altogether along with get_more_random and its static
> array -- it's not as if generating random numbers was performance
> critical in any way, is it.

It could possibly help, but I don't think it's worth to do it right now.

Any other backlogs to release the heartbeat packeage?
I would look forward to be released it soon!

Thanks,
--
Keisuke MORI