On 2011-02-08 14:43, Cristian Mammoli - Apra Sistemi wrote:
> Hi, libvirt > 0.8.3 support talking to remote esx/gsx vmware hypervisors
> with a native driver (no need to run libvirtd). I compiled a recent
> version and now I'm able to connect to a local vmware server and
> start/stop "domains"
>
> E.g.
> virsh -c gsx://root@localhost:443/?no_verify=1 start testVM
>
> Is there a way to get this configuration supported in the VirtualDomain RA?

Generally you would set this by using 'params
hypervisor="gsx://root@localhost:443/?no_verify=1'. As far as the RA is
concerned there is no need for libvirtd to be running -- managing Xen
domUs with VirtualDomains also works without libvirtd.

> The first issue is that the above uri has an interactive password prompt...

That's a bit trickier. We could perhaps add a parameter referring to a
password file, and pipe that in?

Florian