Lars/Team

I agree.

I can understand that there are some parameters that are MANDATORY and
UNPREDICTABLE, but there are just as likely to be parameters that are
MANDATORY and have a REASONABLE DEFAULT VALUE.

As an example, the IP address is Mandatory and Unpredictable, but the
path too and name of a configuration file  (although still Mandatory)
could have a Reasonable Default Value (although there may still be merit
in allowing it to be overridden to provide localisations etc).

I think it's too extreme to force all mandatory value to not be given
default values, as (for example this particular case), there are a few
mandatory values that do have reasonable defaults that could be used, in
most cases.

Darren