On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 03:25:32PM +0100, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi Keisuke-san,
>
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:37:18PM +0900, Keisuke MORI wrote:
> > Hi Dejan,
> >
> > I would appreciate you for bringing up for the new release.
> > I really look forward to see it very soon!
> >

> > Among other issues, I consider that the two issues below are critical
> > and want to make it for the new release somehow:
> >
> > 1. tomcat RA: SEARCH_STR fix
> >     http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/dev/75950#75950
> >
> >     We can reconsider the patch if you're not comfortable with it, but
> >     without fixing this, it  just doesn't work with a typical
> > catalina_opts configuration.
>
> I'm basically clueless about tomcat (at least this kind of
> tomcats :) So far nobody else volunteered an opinion on the
> matter and the person (Brett Delle Grazie) who seemed to be very
> involved with this RA vanished from the scene. So, I'll take your
> word for it and apply the patch.

I think that this was about using the command line as pattern in
"pgrep -f $SEARCH_STR", but as according to pgrep man page, that
is actually an "extended regular expression", and command line options
may contain "special characters" (e.g. '+'), that does not work.

So one option would have been to properly regex-quote "SEARCH_STR",
before using it as argument to pgrep -f.

> > 2. apache RA: testregex matching fix
> >     http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/dev/77619#77619
> >
> >     This looks as a regression since heartbeat-2.1.4 from user's point of
> > view;
> >      one of our customer reported that they had been using 2.1.4 and
> > apache without problems
> >      and when they tried to upgrade to the recent Pacemaker without
> > any changes in apache,
> >      it failed because of this issue.
>
> You're referring to apache-002.patch? Well, that's unfortunate as
> the two are incompatible, i.e. if the configuration has
> 'whatever-string$' in testregex and we reintroduce
> "tr '\012' ' '" that would break such configurations.
>
> This changed a bit more than three years ago and so far nobody
> complained. So, perhaps better to leave it as it is and whoever
> wants to upgrade from a +3 old installation should anyway do
> some good testing. What do you think?
>
> > As for the other issues posted from our team,
> > although it would be great if they are also fixed as much as possible,
> > I do not want to delay the release schedule any longer  for them.
>
> There is the apache IPv6 support which is halfway ready, I'll see
> if I can finish that today.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dejan
>
> > Regards,
> > Keisuke MORI
> >
> > 2012/1/27 Dejan Muhamedagic <de...@suse.de>:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > The resource agents release 3.9.2 was end of last June, quite a
> > > while ago. High time to do a new one.
> > >
> > > Any obstacles or release blockers? Or other opinions?
> > >
> > > Florian and Lars, is that fine with you in particular?
> > >
> > > Now, I know that there are some fixes and ammendments and
> > > improvements which have been posted to this list or elsewhere and
> > > never made it to the repository. If there are some which didn't
> > > get appropriate attention, please give us a heads up and then we
> > > can discuss the matter. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that
> > > all are going to get due attention, in particular those which
> > > would be deemed to jeopardize stability.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > > Dejan
> >

> > --
> > Keisuke MORI