Hi,

I've been investigating an HA configuration for a customer.  One time in
testing heartbeat didn't start, because rpcbind had stolen its reserved
port.  Restarting rpcbind made it choose a different random port.  This
is definitely an interesting problem - even if it doesn't happen very often.

The best solution to this, AFAIK is to make a file
/etc/portreserve/heartbeat with this one line in it:
694/udp

and then add portrelease heartbeat to the init script.

Thoughts?

--
     Alan Robertson<al...@unix.sh>  - @OSSAlanR

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce