Yan Fitterer wrote:
Christophe Zwecker wrote:
Alan Robertson wrote:

Well anyway mysql and fs didnt start on node2 , i suppose because the
fs couldnt be unmounted because of the copyjob.

Depending on what your policy was, that could cause it to be marked as
unmanaged (IIRC), or it could cause the machine to reboot.

i dont ever want any ressource to be in state unmanaged, how can I set the machine to reboot instead ? do I need stonith for this ?

Yes
Only alternative (not always possible...) is to improve the RA involved to ensure it *always* manages to successfully stop a resource, no matter how broken or hung it is.

This will not help you deal with failures where a node stops responding to others though... That can *only* be addressed by fencing (i.e. STONITH)

By using the gui i havent seen an option to reboot when i look at ressource operations...

You'll need to implement a STONITH resource, according to the type of STONITH device you use.

ok, ive been searching ha page and google, the ml as well, i understand i could have an apc battery or other hw use stonith to power down a node when for example the battery/power fails .ok we use noname hardware, all i want is stonith to reboot the server when a ressource is in unmanaged state, i want the node to reboot and meanwhile hb does a failover to node2.

So do I need the suicide plugin i guess, but i find no manual howto implement that via the gui...
could you or anyone else point me to the right direction ?

thx alot

Christophe

--
Christophe Zwecker