>>> On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 11:42 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Lars Marowsky-Bree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On 2007- 04- 12T09:21:02, Robert Wipfel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> But first, it's probably appropriate to comment on Novell's
>> contributions to open source software in general, and the Heartbeat
>> project in particular. Everyone of course knows Lars and Andrew;
>> the architect and lead developer (respectively) of Heartbeat2's major
>> new feature; the new CRM, are both employed by Novell.
>
> I'd like to point out that we've also hired Dejan, who is going to take
> care of the LRM and STONITH bits initially and will be 100% on the Linux
> HA project as well.

Another open source activity that might be of interest to
people building a Fibre Channel SAN for their (Linux) HA cluster,
is Aperi - www.eclipse.org/aperi - A number of companies
contribute to Aperi; which supports Linux servers connected to
Fibre Channel storage managed by e.g. SNIA's HBA-API.

Aperi knows how to manage SAN storage connected to HA
clusters; if anyone is interested in helping make that code work
with LinuxHA's CIM_Cluster provider; the Aperi-dev list will
be pleased to hear from you ;)

Hth,
Robert