On 4/18/07, Jose Jerez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have been using heartbeat v2 for some time now and a happy customer
I am :-)   but I need your help for a configuration a little bit more
complex.

The system is SLES-10 and heartbeat 2.0.7

We have a group of apache servers each one of them in a different
machine and an IP service address in one of the machines.

The desired heartbeat behavior  would be:

-If any of the apache servers fails, heartbeat will try to restart it
in the same machine, if there is no success after a few tries it will
give up; never try to move the apache to another machine; there are
already other apaches around. A clone maybe?

nod - clone apache and collocate the IPs with the clone.
though you might need to wait for SP1 (due soon) for that to work properly

-If the failing apache is in the same server as the service IP then
the IP has to be moved to another server, only the IP.

The bottom line here is that the IP must have an apache server with it
in the same machine, and the IP is the only resource I want to be
moving around in case of failure.

Any suggestions on how to configure this?

Regards.