On 4/19/07, Dejan Muhamedagic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 10:07:09AM +0200, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> >> I've found the Dummy one a good start in the past. Simple, and shows
> >> the basic required components.
> >
> >Yeah, but that one now calls the ha_pseudo_resource wrappers which isn't
> >exactly obvious.
>
> it never used to and I'd much prefer it didn't for precisely the
> reason that it was a good template

The reasoning behind ha_pseudo_resource is that there should be a
unified interface for resources for which it is difficult to
report a status. Otherwise, every pseudo thing will have to
devise its own ways to keep it. I'd call that business as usual.

BTW, Dummy became a major regression testing RA :)

yes, i know, i did it.

> in fact i might just go and revert that particular change now -
> at
> least for Dummy

Please don't. If you need a template RA then make a template RA.

> >> I'll have a go. Watch this space.

Yes, let's have such a skeleton. For example, there's usually one
for init.d scripts in every Linux distro.

Cheers,

Dean