>> In the attached pe- warn, why is resource R_audit being started on
>> idm01 when there is an INFINITY constraint with uname eq idm04?
>>
>> BTW -  idm04 is in standby at the moment. That should hardly matter. I
>> expect the resource to be "cannot run anywhere".
>>
>> I really hope it's not a typo, but I have read it as much as I can,
>> and I can't see it...
>>
>> Thanks Yan
>
> So, there is only one place it can be run, and it has score 0.  (It
> can't run on a machine in standby).
>
> So, it gets run there.
>
> What's the problem?

The problem is that I need the resource to _ONLY_ run on IDM04, or not at all.
Yes, I know, this is not clustering, or HA, but there is a good reason.

If you want the long story, the reason for that is that resource R_audit (an
instance of Novell Audit) is not meant to be clustered here, but depends on
resource R_workforce_edir (eDirectory instance), which IS clustered. The issue
is that Novell Audit must start after eDirectory (Audit configuration is stored
in eDir). So the best way I could think of achieving that, was to created a
resource for Audit, with an order constraint between eDirectory and Audit. But
since Audit isn't really clustered (executables on one node only), I need to
make it run on IDM04, or nowhere. That what I thought INFINITY would mean.

If -INFINITY achieves that, but INFINITY doesn't, then it looks like broken
logic to me, where INFINITY is not the exact opposite of -INFINITY. If this is
really "works as designed", it is very highly counter-intuitive, and IMHO
should be considered a bug.

Actually, INFINITY in colocation constraints _does_ mean, "work here or
nowhere". Why would it be different for location constraints?

Confused...
Thanks for the answer
Yan