On 4/20/07, Knight, Doug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
OK, here's what happened. The drbd resources were both successfully
running in Secondary mode on both servers, and both partitions were
synched. My Filesystem resource was stopped, with the colocation, order,
and place constraints in place. When I started the Filesystem resource,
which is part of a group, it triggered the appropriate drbd slave to
promote to master and transition to Primary. However, The Filesystem
resource did not complete or mount the partition, which I believe is
because Notify is not enabled on it. A manual cleanup finally got it to
start and mount, following all of the constraints I had defined. Next, I
tried putting the server which was drbd primary into Standby state,
which caused all kinds of problems (hung process, hung GUI, heartbeat
shutdown wouldn't complete, etc). I finally had to restart heartbeat on
the server I was trying to send into Standby state (note that this node
was also the DC at the time). So, I'm back up to where I have drbd in
slave/slave, secondary/secondary mode, and filesystem stopped.

I wanted to add notify="true" to either the filesystem resource itself
or to its group, but the DTD does not define notify for groups (even
though for some reason the GUI thinks you CAN define the notify
attribute). I plan on eventually adding an IPaddr and a pgsql resource
to this group. So I have two questions: 1) Where does it make more sense
to add notify, at the group level or for the individual resource; and 2)
Should the DTD define notify as an attribute of groups?

add it as a resource attribute

    <group ...>
       <instance_attributes id="...">
         <attributes>
           <nvpair id="..." name="notify" value="true"/>