On 5/23/07, Jacob Leaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello all,

I am using heartbeat 2 with crm, since it seemed to be the thing to do.   I'm
only using a small fraction of the feature set, since this is my
loadbalancer, heartbeat2 handles failover and ldirectord is managing the ipvs
stuff.

My problem is that groups are not working the way I expected.   I created two
groups, containing ipaddr2 resources.  I did so because I read this:
http://www.linux-ha.org/ClusterInformationBase/ResourceGroups
When I make both nodes of my loadbalancing cluster active, resources from both
groups seem to get randomly assigned to either node.   I was sort of hoping
for a group to be assigned to a node.

What's the right way to do this?  What did I miss?   I've attached my cib.xml
file for inspection, and look forward to any troubleshooting hints or other
direction that folks might share.

the config looks fine, however:
- what version are you running?
- logs? (as attachments)
- output of "cibadmin -Ql" while its in the messed up state you
described? (as an attachment)

_usually_ this sort of situation is caused by resources already being
active before heartbeat starts combined with some other factors

Many thanks,

Jacob Leaver
Senior Systems Administrator
ReachONE Internet