On 6/13/07, George H <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm checking out how I could use the ServeRAID-6M card on blade
servers for clustering. I am really trying to go for these
self-fencing resources. I read the info on setting up ServeRAID on the
HA website but I am interested in how the hardware would be setup.

The ServeRAID-6M card can only connect to 2 disk. Are they both
external disks or internal ?
Do I assume I have 1 ServeRAID-6M card per-blade server or more ? I am
not at all familiar with IBM Blade servers nor do I have access to
anyone who is willing to help me out. Is there a place on IBM where I
can find out how the hardware is setup for ServerRAID-6M on a blade
server.. and how I would use that setup for Linux-HA ?

A few more things, the link going to the IBM Site in the "Create
Utilities CD section 3 is not working from this page
<http://www.linux-ha.org/GettingStarted/ServeRAIDHardwareConfiguration>

Hi,

The 6M card has 2 channels available. These are usable using internal
or external connectors. But for a cluster you will only use the
external connectors because of the shared storage that both cards need
to be connected to.

I also see from your mail that you are planning to use Blades for
this. That will be a issue. Standard Blades do not have a normal PCI
slot where you can add the 6M into. Add according to the IBM
ServerProven website the 6M is not certified for any Blade. So if you
want to use Blades you will either have to use FC and SAN or network
replication like DRDB.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)