On 7/13/07, Dejan Muhamedagic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Just tested yesterday: the "power" method definitely requires
ACPI whereas the "button" method works in any case, as Guy Coates
suggested. Updated the xml info in external/riloe to that effect.

Ah yes, my bad, mixed up those two :-) Thanks for updating the docs on it.

> Also, if your ILO version supports the
> <RESET_SERVER/> tag, use the ilo_can_reset=1 parameter, it executes a
> warm system reset (older ILO's don't support that though).

This was independent of acpid on the device I tested.

indeed it is, but older ILO versions (I'm talking about so called
Proliant ILO v1's, they tend not to support it, only Blade ILO's and
Proliant ILO v2's work I think).