Hi,

David Lang wrote:

there is a second issue with MailTo

part of the OCF specs are that it is considered 'safe' to call start or stop multiple times on a RA, with MailTo this will generate multiple e-mails.

this isn't a fatal problem, but it is an annoyance (I've had the shutting down on the inactive box in a pair generate MailTo messages from both boxes, causing management to freak out)

are there enough 'oneshot' type things that it is worth adding the concept to the cib directly rather then trying to fake it out in the scripts?

First, I think heartbeat should follow the (slightly modified)
Law of Software Envelopment (http://www.jwz.org/hacks/).

Every program attempts to expand until it can send mail. Those programs which cannot so expand are replaced by ones which can.

I'm not sure how it should be done, but receiving mails
when something in the cluster happens is very important.
So important that it shouldn't be done in a Pseudo Resource,
that uses a file to check if the resource is online or not.
This will cause problems and false alarms.  If those
tracking files are leftover on startup the chances are too
high you end up in multiple active recovery mode.  Which
is very annoying.  If crm_mon indicates that a resource
(MailTo) is split accross nodes, this should be alarming,
shouldn't it?

        Peter