Hi,

> > Looks like heartbeat didn't notice the ping node went away.
> > If that doesn't happen, then the score wouldn't change.
> >
> > Are you sure you made the right change?
> 100% sure, I tested it several times. Started the ping node with allowing
> pings from say node A, but not node B, made sure with manual ping. Then
> started the cluster, and I saw all resources starting on A. Then
> reconfiguring the firwall on the ping node to answer pings from A and B,
> no need to check that it works, I just saw some of the resources
> migrating... Up to that point everything was as I expected. Then I could
> reconfigure the firewall on the ping node to not answer pings from either
> or B anymore, but the value of pingd in the node attributes was not reset
> 0. This is what I observed. Well, while writing this, I did not fired up
> tcpdump to see whether the answers really stopped, maybe the ping node
kept
> track of some states? But I manually pinged the ping node from the cluster
> node that I disabled, and I did not got an answer.

dumb user error on my side. After starting tcpdump on the ping node, and
reconfiguring the firewall, I saw it was as I thought,
the firewall was too smart for me ;)
After flushing the state tables, the firewall stopped answering the pings,
and the attribute got reset, so everything works now as expected.

sorry for the noise

thanks
Sebastian