Hi Yan,
            Thanks a lot for your help. I took out the evmsSCC
resource from the scenario, but I did not see any difference in the
system behavior, then I followed your suggestion and I manually tested
the EVMS commands from the CLI while both the nodes where in stand-by,
and I actually realized that the command:

modify: gwcont,type=private,node=CZVLabNode2

was failing; was somehow not recognized as a valid command.

The really weird thing is that the same command, avoiding the capital
letters in the host name, was successful:

modify: gwcont,type=private,node=czvlabnode2

This was true in both nodes, so I modified both the hostnames from:

CZVLabNode1 --> czvlabnode1
CZVLabNode2 --> czvlabnode2

and now the fail over is working properly. like everything else.

The reason why I tried to change the host names so to avoid any
capital letter is that I noticed that, even if my host names were a
mixture of normal and capital letters, in the hb_gui they were shown
without capitals.

As soon as I will have time for this, I will do some further test to
verify if I can duplicate this again starting from scratch, so to
verify if Heartbeat 2.1.2 and/or EVMS 2.5.5.-24.52 really have some
issues with node names partially capitalized, I will update the list
afterwards.

Could also be that I modified something else in the system that I'm
not fully aware of, or I simply or forgot it, as I did many different
test on the same boxes.

Thanks again,
                      Chris