On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Alan Robertson wrote:

> We are in the final weeks of testing for release 2.1.3 - which has been
> delayed to the week of Dec 19.
>
> Please help us test this upcoming new release!
>
> You can get a source tar ball for it from any of these links:
>       http://hg.linux-ha.org/test/archive/tip.tar.bz2
>       http://hg.linux-ha.org/test/archive/tip.zip
>       http://hg.linux-ha.org/test/archive/tip.tar.gz
>
> The latest fixes applied to the 'test' repository can be found here:
>       http://hg.linux-ha.org/test/summary
>

> We have already tested this release a good bit, but it needs more
> testing before release.  We do a lot of automated testing, more is
> always welcome [http://linux-ha.org/CTS].  However, what you can
> probably help the most with is ad-hoc testing.
>
> Don't forget to file bugs on 2.1.3 when you find them.  You can find our
> bugzilla at these URLs:
>       http://developerbugs.linux-foundation.org//query.cgi?product=Linux-HA
> http://developerbugs.linux-foundation.org//enter_bug.cgi?product=Linux-HA
>
>       Thanks in advance for your help and cooperation!

Ouch!  There's a new bug just appeared within the last couple of days.  I
think it is the Hg update ending "...7b816f".

Unfortunately I'm not able to address it, because I'm just about to go on
holiday etc.

I urge reverting that update, or properly fixing it, with peer-review to
check.

In "configure.in" the new 'ver2num' is broken and causes subsequent
failures.

It has:
         ver2num() {
              awk -v v=$1 '{split(v,a,"."); print a3+(a2+(a1*16))*16 }'
         }

which confuses stdin (where its real data is) with arguments to the
function, and which doesn't do the intended awk array stuff (that must be
specified with brackets), etc.

It needs to end up as something like:
              awk '{split($1,a,"."); print a[3]+(a[2]+(a[1]*16))*16 }'

to use the incoming data stream from the function's "stdin" (whose
first-line, first-record becomes the "$1") and to use the proper awk-array
[...] syntax.

Unfortunately when I just tried that, my attempted '[...]' is getting
zapped between "configure.in" and "configure", so I suspect that autoconf
is swallowing my well-intentioned brackets.

Please could that patch be backed out, or re-done and verified.

Thanks (and sorry I'm unable to help produce a proper fix).

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:  UNIX Team Leader                         Durham University     :
:                                           South Road            :
:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/t.d.lee/            Durham DH1 3LE        :