-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anders Bruun
Olsen
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:50 AM
To: General Linux-HA mailing list
Subject: Re: [Linux-HA] Failover IP on dedicated interface

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> By having 2 Ethernet ports on each machine, one for the heartbeat and
> one as an active interface.  If you are using a crossover for the
> heartbeat, the active interface would allow you to access the machine
> when it was not your active node.

I have eth0 connected to our LAN which allows me to access the machines,
I do DRBD sync over eth1 connected to an isolated switch and I do
heartbeat over a serial cable. Eth2 is dedicated to datacommunication
over another isolated switch.

--
Anders